- The Promoter is: SMAP Energy Limited at https://insight.enechange.com/ (“the Website”). Any references to “we”, “us”, “our” refer to the Promoter.
- These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) apply to ENECHANGE Insight Venture Programme (the “Programme”) operated by the Promoter.
- The Terms shall be legally binding on you when you enter and/or participate in the Programme.
- By submitting an entry to the Programme you are agreeing on behalf of the named entrant to be bound by these Terms and you warrant that you have authority to enter into these Terms on behalf of the named entrant. You may be requested to confirm such agreement in writing as a condition to participation in the Programme.
2. The Programme
- To enter the Programme, you must be an incorporated business.
- At our discretion, we will invite approximately three entrants to participate in the Programme each month. These “Finalists” (the final number to be determined at our discretion) will receive an invitation to present and promote their product offerings at one of our webinars. Based on the webinars, our Subscribers will share feedback on working with these Finalists and discussing potential engagements with them.
- A number of these Finalists, selected based on Subscriber interest, will also have the opportunity to attend our next Summit after the webinar, where they shall not be charged for their attendance but will bear other costs (flights, accommodation, etc.) at their own expense.
- Where there is sufficient interest from the Subscribers in a Finalist (such interest determined at our discretion), the Finalist(s) will be designated as an “Honouree” and may be offered:
- Access to supporting services to facilitate the development of pilot projects;
- Ongoing support to promote the product offerings;
- Media coverage for international audiences.
- The selection decisions of the ENECHANGE Insight Ventures (EIV) Team (e.g. to decide which entrants are Finalists, to decide which Finalists are named as Honourees based on subscriber interest and to decide which Honourees/Finalists shall receive an offer of further support) will be final.
3. How to enter
- The open application period will run from the dates indicated on the Website as amended from time to time.
- All Fast-Track Application and Standard Application entries (as defined below) must be received by the Promoter by no later than 23.59 PST on the last day of the open application period.
- All entries received outside of the open application period will be deferred for consideration in the next open application period by the Promoter.
- To enter the Programme, complete and submit a Fast-Track Application entry via the form provided at https://insight.enechange.com/ventures/fast-track/ or a Standard Application entry form provided at https://www.f6s.com/enechangeventures/apply as appropriate.
- By submitting an entry, you may be requested to confirm agreement to these terms in writing as a condition for participation in the Programme.
- By submitting an entry, you agree that:
- if you are one of the Finalists you will: work with the EIV Team to help us prepare the online webinar where you will be presenting; collect and prepare materials for dissemination to the Subscribers in advance of the summit; consent to your material to be distributed among the Subscribers and shared with other parties we work with, including but not limited to interpreters, agencies and relevant individuals who we appoint to support us in providing our services; consent to the webinar recording and materials presented during the webinar to be accessible and distributed among existing and future Subscribers, as well as potential Subscribers we solicit (companies, entities,developers, organisations, investors, trade groups, etc.) for trialling our services without any further authorisation needed; and make available at your cost a representative of appropriate seniority to attend all relevant events (e.g. webinars, summits) and support your product offerings;
- you grant a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable licence to the Promoter to use all your logos and the materials submitted and developed in the course of the Programme (the “Materials”) and any images/photos taken by the Promoter over the course of the Programme (the “Images”), including any intellectual property rights that may subsist in the Materials and the Images for the performance of these Terms and for the purposes of the administration and promotion of the relevant Programme operated by the Promoter.
- you agree to indemnify the Promoter against any third-party claims arising from the submission of your entry, your participation in the Programme, any representations you make or information you disclose in the course of the Programme, and the use of the Materials and/or Images (which means you will be responsible for any losses or damage that Promoter suffers as a result of any such third party claims).
- As one of the Finalists, you will have the non-exclusive right to use the ENECHANGE Insight Ventures logos solely in connection with your participation in the Programme provided that (a) such use is in accordance with any instructions or guidelines provided by the Promoter; and (b) you do not damage the reputation of the ENECHANGE Insight Ventures, the Promoter or any Subscriber as a result of such use.
- By submitting an entry, you agree that:
5. Regulatory responsibilities
- The relevant Finalists will be responsible for ensuring that any persons attending any of our Summits as part of the Programme hold valid passports and any necessary visas and travel documents for the travel dates.
- Each entrant undertakes that it shall not at any time disclose to any person any information of a confidential nature coming to its attention as a result of the Programme (including but not limited to information relating to any of the Subscribers, the Promoter or information relating to our parent company ENECHANGE Ltd. or Japan Energy Fund (JEF), except to its representatives and affiliates who need to know this information for the purposes of this Programme, (and for whom the entrant remains responsible at all times).
- The Promoter undertakes to take all reasonable steps to ensure that any information of a confidential nature provided to it by an entrant is kept confidential and is only disclosed to such persons as are necessary for the purposes of this Programme or as required by law or regulation.
- Each party reserves all rights in its confidential information. No rights or obligations in respect of confidential information other than those stated in clause 4 are granted or to be implied from these terms information other than those stated in clause 4 are granted or to be implied from these terms.
7. Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Subscribers, the EIV Team, the Promoter, its agents or distributors (together ‘the Team’) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any entrant or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of participating in the Programme, including but not limited to any support provided to certain Finalists except where it is caused by the negligence of any of those persons, their agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. No member of the Team will be responsible in any event for any costs incurred by you in relation to the ENECHANGE Insight Ventures Programme or any performance of these Terms.
8. Data protection
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the Programme.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold, void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Programme where for reasons outside the Promoter’s control it becomes necessary to do so. If the Promoter exercises its right under this clause then it shall not be liable for any costs etc incurred by you as a result.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
 The Subscribers are potential clients for the Finalists and their representatives will be at executive level. Accordingly, your representative will typically be in a business development manager role or higher. They must be approved by the Promoter in advance and attendance is conditional upon such approval. If the approved representative is unable to present at the webinars or attend any event, the Promoter must be notified immediately, and a suitable substitute provided. Failure to do so may result in the invitation to attend being revoked with no obligation for the Promoter to reimburse any costs incurred by the entrant.
Amended: 31 October 2022